Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

All I have been wanting to do since the beginning of October is take Kylie to a pumpkin patch. I am not sure why this was so important to me, but I just thought she would have a good time. I found out there was a really fun pumpkin patch out in Washington that had a corn maze, a petting zoo and tractor rides, so we checked it out yesterday. My sister Ashley come down to visit for the weekend so her and Jeremy's brother Jon and his wife Amy and their kids Logan, Alayna and Kurt all came with us. Kylie loved being there with her cousins and of course I took a million pictures.

Kylie, Logan, Kurt and Alayna on the tractor ride over to the corn maze
We had a fun time trailing through the corn paths. Our goal was to get to the bell in the middle of the maze. We seemed to have been turned around a hit it a couple times.
Jeremy tried his hand at roping. He was pretty good at it. He hit the dummy bull the first time.

Apparently we can't get enough of these little trains. Here is to the 5th time riding them this year. Kurt wasn't so sure about it at first, but he came back with a smile on his face.


I wasn't sure how Kylie would react to the animals, but she actually warmed up to them pretty well after a minute. Jeremy showed her how to feed the horses and she thought that was pretty fun.

She tried it a few times with Ashley also.

They had a slide that landed in a corn box rather than a sand box.

Kylie really liked it and I thought it was a pretty good idea. It's a lot easier to clean her up after.

The pumpkin patch was a bit scarce, but we managed to find a pretty good one.

We were so glad Ashley could come with us. Kylie loved having her there and Ashley was so good at making sure Kylie was having a good time.

I thought we had a pretty good time. It was kind of weird because when I think of fall and pumpkin patches I think of jackets and cold weather, but it was a hot day and we enjoyed it in our short sleeves and the shade.

7 comments:

Reid and Brittney said...

Looks like so much fun. I have been wanting to take my boys really bad but the closest one is like an hour away, I don't know if it's worth it. Maybe next year I can convince my husband. You sure have one cute little girl. She seems to have such a cute personality, I am sad that we live so far apart, I think our kids would have fun playing with eachother. Hope you are doing great and feeling great with your pregnancy. Hope to see you soon!!

Alexis said...

awww those pic.s are so cute. Her hair is getting really long!

The Ewell Family said...

That looks like so much fun! We might have to come down and go to the pumpkin patch

Ashley Bean said...

This was such a fun weekend! Thanks so much!!

Ashley Bean said...

p.s. thanks for leaving out my Nintendo embarrassment...why does it spell my name wrong??

Kristi said...

Looks like you guys had a really good time!

sagewillow said...

That looks like soo much fun I think I might have to take my girls to it.