Monday, December 29, 2008

34 Weeks

Jase is now 34 weeks old. It's weird to think that they would have induced me no matter what at 34 weeks if he hadn't come any sooner. I can't help but wonder how things would have been different if I could have held out until today, but I also know that things happen for a reason and he was born the exact day he was suppose to and he is right where he should be.

He has done really well these last couple days. Ever since Christmas day he has been great. Everyday gets better. Between 34 and 36 weeks they like to try feeding him with a bottle. He has been showing signs that he may be able to handle it pretty well, including sucking on his binki and being able to swallowing. The questing was whether he could suck, swallow and breath all in the right order. Today they decided to try and he actually drank 6cc, (which sounds like a lot but is really only a teaspoon) I was so excited top hear that. They are going to continue to work with him and eventually I will get a chance to feed him also. He now weighs 3 lbs 9 oz and they give him 4 (that's right 4) extra calories per day to help him continue to gain weight.

Here is a picture of his incision. I was very excited when I saw it healed. It looks so good and it's not as noticeable as I thought it would be. Jeremy on the other hand was hoping it would be some huge awesome scar across his stomach. He was just a little disappointed!! Notice the grip he has on the wires. He is very grabby and knows how to use those long fingers.

It's so refreshing to see his little body getting back to normal. He's not full of tubes or IVs and loaded down with tape or dressing. And notice once again how unnoticeable his incision is.
He is just so dang cute. I LOVE the time a get to spend with him everyday. It's not very often a mom gets to just sit and hold her baby for hours at a time! I enjoy every minute of it!

9 comments:

The Estes Family said...

He's so cute and looks better every time you post pictures I'm glad things continue to improve!

Brittney said...

I am stunned at how much better the scar looks. The first picture was such a harsh wound. He looks fanstastic. Even with the few wires he has left I assuming those are just to watch his heartbeat, oxygen saturation and blood pressure right? Not anything to critical just looks scary.

So do my eyes deceive me or does all that luscious hair have one wicked cowlick in the front?

Jamey said...

So I was actually at Primary Childrens yesterday, and I tried to find you to say hello. But when I went to find out if I could find you, they told me that they could try to page you, but that I would have to keep my kids away, and they didn't even know if they would be able to manage it. So I decided that I would just come home and let you know that while I was there, I was thinking about you guys. I am glad things are going well.

Kristi said...

Oh bless his little heart!! Kylie is to cute I love her pjs what a DOLL!! Im so glad things are getting better and hope that they continue to get better!!

Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee said...

Andrea, I had heard that your water broke and all that, but didn't know you had the baby. Reading your blog I can't believe everything you and your family have been through in such a short amount of time. My heart aches for you guys. You are such a strong person for staying so positive and always saying how blessed you are. You guys really are blessed. Our family will pray for little Jase. He is so cute! Hang in there.
P.S. I feel really dumb because I think I called you for a haircut during all of this. I'm sorry for not knowing.

Darren said...

Hey Andrea!
I've been out of town for a week and the first thing I did when I got back was check your blog! I am so relieved to find that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and the Jase is doing so well!!! I don't know how you do it Andrea. I'm not even in your family and it drove me crazy not knowing how he was doing while I was gone. I mean every word when I say: YOU ARE A SUPER MOM!! I love you so much and am so glad that your little one is doing so well. take care. Love Kez

Robyn said...

I'm so glad that Jase is doing ok. That last picture you posted, the close up of his head, looks a lot like Kylie. You have cute kids!

Rogers Family said...

Wow, I didnt realize how much you've been through. You have always been such a stron person. I will be praying for your family.

AaronandLoriSmith said...

Andrea....I haven't had a chance to read blogs for months now! I am so sorry you have had such a rough time lately! We will keep you and your Adorable little boy in our prayers! hope things continue to get better for you...