Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Much Needed Update

I know, I know, I really need to update. A lot has happened and I am trying to remember it all. I will start with last Friday. My mom gets a call early in the morning from my dad telling her that he has slipped on some ice on the way to my cousin's wedding and has broken his leg. My poor dad was laid up in the hospital for 3 days and underwent what sounds like some pretty major surgery. My poor mom can not possible handle one more dramatic thing in her life and spent a couple nights sleeping in a reclining hospital chair. Poor me for not getting to have my mom around for her last days with me before she headed back to AZ. It was a rough couple days. Thankfully my dad is doing well and he actually came out of his bedroom for the first time today!! My mom says every time the phone rings she gets a knot in her stomach.

Jeremy came back up on Saturday to be with us and he was able to hold Jase for the first time. He said he looked like a whole new baby. He didn't have nearly the tubes he had when Jeremy had left the week before. I am so glad he is back up here with us!

He now only has the feeding tube in his nose and they are gradually increasing his feedings everyday. Today they were able to give him his full feeds which means he is eating enough to sustain his weight and gain more. He also weighs 3 lbs 8 oz. The most he has ever weighed. He is doing great. We couldn't be more blessed with his progress and the way he is developing. The nurses and doctors continue to be amazed.

We had a very special visitor come right to the Riley's house. Santa visited the other night just in time for Kylie to give him any last requests. Too bad Kylie won't talk to Santa. Hopefully he received her e-mail Grandma Hansen helped her send. He was so excited for the candy cane she could hardly stand it.


On Sunday morning we took a little break and ran down to St.George for what was supposed to be one night. (We got snowed in and stayed in Cedar City at Grandma and Grandpa Felix's house on Monday night) Kylie had a chance to open presents from the Felix side.

She is pretty good at this opening presents thing.

She LOVES the chair grandma and grandpa gave her!

Life has been crazy, but I am grateful for everything I have and the things I am learning through this process. I have a wonderful family and a great support system and I couldn't do it without them.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh Im so glad that Jase is able to get his full feed I hope that he gets to go home soon!! Kylie is so cute! I bet Christmas was so much fun with her this year!

Brittney said...

Jase looks like Kylie. So glad he is doing so well.
Hope you had a happy Christmas. Thinking about you all the time.

Mills Family said...

I am so glad things are going good, and I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas, I hope all is well with your dad, and Jase is so cute and looks like he is doing much better and that is great that he is gaining a little bit of weight.

The Estes Family said...

My Dad told me about your dad and I just thought to myself they do not need anymore going on they have enough! I'm glad Jase is doing so well and I hope you all had a good christmas

Letters-2-Lily said...

I'm so glad your little guy is doing so much better! Hope he continues to progress and gets out of that hospital soon! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas. Sorry Uncle Drew hope his leg gets better soon!

Brady and Angie said...

Hey Andrea!!

Sorry it has taken me so long to write back...I find myself neglecting my blog!! Im glad that ya found me now we can keep in touch!! That is really scary about everthing that has happened with your little baby...Im so glad that he is doing better and hopefully he can come home soon!! My thoughts and prayers are with all of you!!

Darren said...

Oh Andrea!!!
I am so glad to hear that things are going so well!!! Im sorry to hear about your dad though. That stinks. But it so great that Jase is doing so well. I still cant stop thinking about you and what you must be going through. How strong a woman you are!!! Love you so much. Keep on Keeping!!! Love Kez

Zach and Shanna said...

Wow! So much has happened since the last time I checked in. I'm so glad things are going well. You look so positive and happy, you are an inspiration to me. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!