Sunday, December 7, 2008

One Week Down....

I have been in the hospital for one week now and it has gone fairly well. I thought about coming up with a list of the 10 reasons why this isn't the funnest thing I have ever done, but I thought that probably won't get me anywhere and at this point I need some encouragement. Here are a few things that occupy my world right now.

This is the wall I have stared at day in and day out. As lovely as that painting is...

This board helps me keep track of the day and who my nurse is. Speaking of nurses they, for the most part, are pretty good. Each seem to have their one little quirk they are the most concerned about. One nurse came in bright and early one morning and started adjusting my bed moving it up and down getting my pillows situated just right. Another nurse insisted that I make sure to get good meals. She stood right there while I talked to the cafeteria people and made me choose things other than what they had on the menu for the day. (To be honest I was grateful when my food came and she had made me pick something else...the food definitely leaves something to be desired!!!)


I have been on antibiotics all week. One of them isn't too bad, the other burns while it goes in. I always cringe every time it's time for that one.



My mom and dad were so fun to bring Christmas to me. They set up this little tree, brought in the cute pillow and a few decorations. All the nurses loved it when they came in. Kylie loved helping putting it up.

My sisters-in-laws, mother-in-law and sister and cousin all came down and they had a little shower for me. It was so nice of them to do it. It was fun to have everyone there. We had dinner and hung out and opened gifts.


We opened this bag of preemie diapers and they were so small. I don't think the picture does them justice.


After suffering all week in a lovely hospital gown that showed my whole backside and had what felt like a gaping hole in the front, they finally told me I could change into regular clothes and apparently could have done it days ago. Thanks a lot for not telling me!!!

Kylie has done really well this week. Some days I think she feels a little bit like this, but she is in good hands and has been great and seems to be managing well.

I can't even begin to express how grateful I am for all the family that has helped us. My parents especially have been so amazing. I will be eternally indebted to them for all that they have done. Kylie has just become their little girl and they have been so great to do everything for her. I could not have been able to relax and take it easy if I hadn't had all the help I have.

No comments: