Thursday, December 25, 2008

Santa Came To Town

We are so grateful for wonderful family who let us crash their Christmas and spend it with them. We had a great Christmas morning and Kylie was so fun to watch. She was so excited that Santa came and loved opening her gifts. She insisted on riping off the bow and name tag before turning it over to open it.
This is the night before. Kylie was watching out the window for Santa to come, but when I went to take the picture she turned around and posed for me in her new jammies.
Kylie and Tatum waiting at the top of the stairs to come down and see what they got.

Jeremy and I got a new video camera for Christmas and I was trying to do double duty and work both cameras. Obviously I wasn't doing that great because I totally missed whatever she was looking at here.

We had to convince her that there were way better gifts than the candy in her sock!

She finally figured it out and loved everything she opened.


We had a little bit of a rough day at the hospital. We went up to visit Jase and he was having a hard time. He managed to pull out his feeding tube and they had to take him down to get that put back in under a scope. He has a little bit of reflex and it was pretty bad today. I watched him throw up several times while I was there. He was D-sating meaning he would stop breathing and they would have to give his assistance to get him breathing again. His stomach seems to be full of air making him uncomforable and they are worried he may have another infection even though he's pretty active. They put his cannula back in his nose with a low flow of air just to help him out with his breathing. We came home pretty discouraged. We may just be taking for granted how well he is doing other wise and we probably shouldn't be too discouraged by one bad day. It doesn't help that it's Christmas though. We continue to remember how blessed we really are and we are so grateful for all that we have. We can't help but think of what Christmas will be like next year and we can't wait!

Because of RSV season Kylie can't actually come up and see Jase in his room, but she loves to come to the hospital and play in the playroom or hang out with Jeremy and I while the other one of us is with Jase. She loves this Spiderman in the hall and asked me to take a picture of her with him. She is such a good sport and very cooperative during this crazy time in our loves.

2 comments:

The Estes Family said...

I'm glad she had a good christmas and that you guys are getting some help from family. If you need anything let me know!

Brittney said...

Kylie has so much personality. She blows me away.

I spent a week in the childrens hospital with my friend last month. It was amazing how things could be great then one day would feel like everything exploded. We would go back the the ronald mcdonald house feeling so frustrated. Then the next day would suddenly be great again. It is so up and down, you have to take it one day at a time. You have a great attitude. Everything does happen for a reason.
I have discovered the worst feeling is helplessness. That is how I felt everyday while I was there. All you can do is rely on the Lord in all things.

I think of you often Ange. I hope you are doing ok.