Tuesday, January 27, 2009

False Alarm

I got a call about 9:30 Monday morning from Jase's nurse at the hospital telling me that he was ready to come home. She told me to hurry and bring the car seat over the the hospital because they have to test it and it takes about 90 minutes and then I could come back and watch a couple movies and then take him home. Needless to say I was stoked!! I couldn't believe this day was finally here. I gathered up Kylie, grabbed the car seat and headed over there. I dropped it off and came home. About an hour later I get another phone call from her saying, "I'm really sorry we thought he was ready to go, but we found blood in his stool and need to watch him a little longer." My heart dropped! I was so disappointed! We were so close I could taste it.

I took Kylie over to my friend's house and I headed back over to the hospital. I asked his nurse what the blood in his stool meant and she said that it's pretty common for babies who have had bowel surgery to bleed just a little bit and its not a lot a blood just little traces. She also said that it could be from the fortifier they put in his milk. Apparently it's cow milk based and that can cause blood in babies stool also. They took him off the fortifier and did a X-ray of his abdomen. They did find a little spot they wanted to keep an eye on. She told me they would do another X-ray Tuesday morning to check if the spot is getting better.

This morning when I went in they had done the X-ray and it was looking a lot better. He has had good diapers and no traces of blood since yesterday morning. Yet again I keep being told "Just a few more days. We just need to watch him a few more days." I really wish I knew how long a "few days" was. I came home a little bit discouraged, but also very relieved that these things are being found and taken care of now. I have to remember that ultimately I want him to come home SAFE and the last thing I want is something to still be wrong or go wrong when he comes home and we have to readmit him or something worse happens. I continue to put my faith and trust in Heavenly Father and know that he is taking care of us and that Jase will come home one happy, healthy little boy when the time is right.... which is hopefully really soon!!


Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure

He frequently smiles when he sleeps and I was lucky and caught this one on camera

Drinking his bottle... Even though he has been doing this for awhile, milestones like this are huge for little babies like him.

Just another one I thought was pretty cute.

Kylie now loves all things princess and never turns down the opportunity to pose for the camera.

7 comments:

Reid and Brittney said...

Oh man what a bummer...sorry about that. It will happen soon!!! I am so glad he is doing so great and that he will be home soon. Hang in there!!!! You are amazing!!!

Kristi said...

OH Jeez, so close!! It will come! Like you said its better that he come home safe!! I love the princess Pj's and the pose!!

Brittney said...

I'm so sorry Ange, but I agree, better to wait and be sure. He looks so cute in those picuters, he looks a lot like Kylie

Mills Family said...

Well I am sorry that you can't bring him home yet but your right its better to make sure everything is okay before he comes home so that way he does not have to go back.
He is so cute, that little smile is so cute and precious. So what tube does he still have in through his nose? Anyways I am just so glad things are going well, can't wait until he is home and all better.

The Estes Family said...

he is so sweet, he has the feeding tube out now though right? I love the picture of kylie too she will be such a great big sister!!!

The Knight Family said...

I cry every time I read your blog. I can't wait for you to get to take him home. I'll keep praying for you:)
On a side note- I think I met Liberty (linked on your blog) while I lived in Tucson. It's a small world I guess.

Robyn said...

I am happy that he's doing well, even if he still has to be at the hospital. :)