Thursday, January 22, 2009

We're Home!!...Sorta

We got the boot at Primary's today. I went in to visit Jase yesterday and was informed by my nurse that a transfer back to St. George had been approved and would be happening either later that day or today. Needless to say I panicked a little bit, because I wasn't sure if I really wanted him back down there. It had been rumored for the past couple days that they were looking into sending him back if they could get it approved. I hadn't really given it too much thought because when they looked into it right before Christmas our insurance wouldn't pay for it; therefore it wasn't an option which I was fine with. Apparently since Jase was now healthy and doesn't need extreme special attention Primary's needed to send him back to the St. George NICU so they could have room for other babies.


At first they were contemplating driving him back down in an ambulance, but then realized that it would be more cost effective to just fly the short flight in the Life Flight plane. Jeremy's parents were so nice to drive him up to Salt Lake so he could drive Kylie and my car back and I could ride in the plane with Jase. Jeremy was in trouble the first time because he didn't take any pictures of his ride up there so I made sure to make up for it and took plenty this time.

Here they are loading him in the ambulance at Primary's.
One of the Life Flight ladies made sure I got a picture of the incubator with the plane.

I was surprised at how big the plane actually was

Here he is inside the plane. If you look really close you can see his tiny hand

This incubator he lays in is tiny compared to the huge thing it is with.His new bed.

8 comments:

Brittney said...

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

The Estes Family said...

I'm so glad, he looks so good, super cute!!

Michelle Morse said...

I'm glad to see that he is finally able to come home and that he is doing well. I hope everything continues to get better for him:)

Ann said...

Congrats! Hope all continues to go well with the transfer! He is such a little cutie!

Rogers Family said...

That's awesome. I bet it will be easier of everyone to have him closer to home. He looks like he's doing pretty good. We are praying for your family.

sagewillow said...

That is great news, he is closer to you guys. hopefully you'll get to bring him soon.

Reid and Brittney said...

That is great news, at least he is getting closer to going home. I am glad he is doing so great and that things are coming to an end. Can't wait to see you!!!

Mills Family said...

Oh I am so glad that he is doing much better and that he gets to come home. He is so cute and so little! So how much is he weighing now? K keep us posted on how the transfer to st. george went and how he is adjusting to the St. George Hospital.