Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Raise Your Hand If You Miss Kylie

Kylie has spent the last week and will spend this next week in Arizona with my family. I am so grateful to my family for taking good care of her. She is probably at the the one place where I don't have to worry if she is a problem. It's been so nice to be able to come and go as I need to and spend as much time as I want at the hospital without having to worry about her. I have really missed her though! I call and talk to her everyday and with the exception of two really sad phone calls she has been really happy. When I call and ask what she is doing she always replies with "Good." I have to specifically ask her if she is doing different things to get another response out of her. He seems very concerned about my dad's broken leg and whenever someone is sick. Her favorite things are going to the park and getting my dad water.

The other night my dad told me that Kylie went up to my sister Amanda and said, "I want to say a prayer on your head." She went over the Amanda put her hands on her head and said, "Dear Heavenly Father, we are thankful for the Gospel." I am not sure if that is inappropriate, but it's funny!! She has apparently noticed all the blessings that have been given the last little while.

I am excited for her to come back and I hope she understands that I love her and this whole situation is only temporary. I can't wait for us all to be a family again at home and I can't wait for her to get to know Jase better. They are going to love each other!!

Speaking of Jase...We have had some really good days. He is starting to do a lot better with his breathing. They still think it probably has something to do with his reflex, but he self-resolves every time and that is really good. He now eats 40cc which is almost 1 1/2 oz and they have condensed it down to 1 hour feeds. He is also showing great progress with his P.O. (by mouth) feeding and so they are letting him do that 2 times a shift as long as he is awake and alert.So far for the past two days while I have been there he has been awake and taken the feeds really well. I love being able to feed him. When Jeremy saw him this weekend he had noticed a big change in him. He is starting to feel out a little more. His eyes are getting lighter along with his hair. The Physical Therapist noticed that the sides of his head are getting flat because he prefers to have his head turned rather than laying flat on the back of it. So he has a gel tube looking thing to help keep him lay on the back of his head instead. Each day seems to bring on more and more promising things. We are so blessed!

8 comments:

The Estes Family said...

I'm so glad he keeps improving, I'm sure its so hard to away from Kylie, kids are so smart and I'm sure she will be just fine once you all get home which I hope is very soon!!

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness, I bet that is so hard to be away from Kylie! BOO, but it sounds like Jase is doing better and in no time you will all be together!!! Oh with the Cricut, yeah, you still have to get all the Cartridges, but with the program, you can see them all, and you can see what your doing and make it fit a little better, and change the letter sizes and stuff Its really better, a pretty penny, but worth!!!!

Rogers Family said...

Hey girl, it sounds like things are getting a little better. Stay strong. I can't imagine going through all of this. You are definately an example and an inspiration to me. Thanks for keeping us all posted on Jase.

Rogers Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reid and Brittney said...

Sounds like things are getting better and better. I am sure Kylie is having a blast with your family, it is not fun to have her away but I think she will be great and will be so happy to see you next week. I am so happy that things are going so great with Jase, he is such a strong little guy. Can't wait to see you!!!

Clark Family said...

Andrea I am so sorry that I did not know sooner. I can't believe all you have been through. Linds just went through something similar and when I called her after seeing your blog she shares many of the same feelings that you have. I know that she would be a great support to you and I know she understands. She is now living in Salt Lake with her family and she cought mom and Dad's old house. We almost lost her last baby Chase and went through many rollercoasters to get him to go home. She wanted me to give you her cell phone #244-6286 She knows this is not a time for catching up as she has been through this but I know that she could be a real support for you.
And I hope that we can catch up when this trail ends for you. Kellie

leslie said...

we miss you too! you'll be able to get home just in time for park weather! i can take kylie while you and jase rest. i'm glad that things keep improving.

Jackie said...

Andrea! Hello!!! I so glad to hear from you. I am sorry to hear about all the struggles with Jase, but it sounds like things are improving and very optomistic. You are in our prayers and I will also enjoy keeping updated with your family. I know you probably won't want to answer this on your blog, but where are you guys living? You can email me at burnett.jackie@gmail.com