Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Kylie's First Dance Class

Kylie has been dying to take a dance class for a really long time now. I promised her as soon as she was done with preschool I would let her take a class. So she patiently waited and as soon as she finished up preschool so started asking about it again. I looked into a few studios and found a studio and a class I thought she would like. I planned on waiting until the fall, but there was no guarantee she would get in if she didn't take the summer class and since I am a sucker and really didn't want a chance of her missing the  opportunity I signed her up to start in the summer. She's in a combo class where she is will learn ballet, tap and jazz. She started it last week and absolutely fell in love. She had a blast! She went right in there and confidently did exactly what her teacher asked her to do.  It was so fun for me to watch. I grew up dancing and I really hoped she would love it as much as I did and so far, two weeks in we are golden!!  I am excited to see where this takes her and hopefully she will find that it's something she loves and wants to continue.

7 comments:

Amanda Hansen said...

oh my gosh. she is just the greatest! look how stinking cute she is!

Alexis said...

Wow! This is super exciting!!! She is the cutest little dancer! :)

Jamie said...

She looks adorable! I'm hoping to see her in concert soon!

Mills Family said...

Oh she is so cute, how fun for her I wish I would have been in dance growing up so thats great that you have got her started in it. I know this is probably lame but I want my boys to take some dance classes just so they will have rythme and good coordination skills so we will see when they get a bit older, pat is not fully on board with the idea yet LOL!

Nicole said...

She looks so cute. Love the black and blue together. Maggie took her very first dance class last week too and fell in love with it!

luke and kourt said...

Oh, so fun! I was a dancer too growing up and I can't wait for the day when I have a daughter dancing too! This is probably just as fun for you to watch her!

Michael and Bonnie said...

Cute, I bet she will do a fantastic job!