Monday, March 31, 2008

No More Playing Around

Today is the first day of Jeremy's new job. He's actually up in Salt Lake doing some training. The company is based out of Salt Lake and they have just recently expanded down to St. George hence the reason Jeremy got the job down there. He's working for a company called Beacon Metals. They are subcontractors that specialize in metal door and window frames for commercial buildings. Metal?? you ask. Isn't he into wood? Yes his specialty is in wood working be he won't be a laborer. He is a Project Manager for the company and as far as I know all that means is he get to take clients to lunch! I am sure there is much much more to it then that, but I am not really sure yet. He was actually hired at a really great time because right now its just him and the guy who hired him in St. George so as the company expands more and more he will be in better and better positions.
He spent the day today taking a drug test, filling out a bunch of paper work and reading through the company handbook. He says tomorrow they are going to teach him how to weld just in case its needed.
I thinks he's really excited about this job. The owners of the company are great. They are good members of the church which as you can imagine can be really rare in the construction field and once he's settled in St. George, he wont have travel which is also sometimes rare. This wasn't my idea of the ideal job at first, but as I learn more and see how excited Jeremy is about it and that he has to wear decent clothes and comb his hair everyday, I think its really an answer to prayers and I can't wait to watch Jeremy grow and enjoy what he's doing.
This isn't his first day of work picture although I wanted to take one. He thought that would be embarrassing, but I took this just before he had to shave his goatee. (which I really like!!) He has to be clean shaven with not visible tattoos or piercings. "He's the face of Beacon Metal"

2 comments:

Just Add Flowers said...

Congratulation on the starting of a new job for Jeremy. I can't wait for Tim to get a new job/career with his degree. And Happy Birthday to Andrea! I hope your day is fantastic!

Reid and Brittney said...

Congrats on the new job. Jeremy will do great!!!