Sunday, March 30, 2008

"TV! TV!"

We have a TV that has some serious issues. Something didn't work in the back and so we had it hooked up to some kind of receiver that worked the volume and we had to watch it through the VCR requiring us to find two remotes when ever we watched the TV. What a hassle!! Not to mention my family always made fun of us when they tried to work it. (they really have no room to talk, you should see their remote pile) So I bet you can image how ecstatic we were when Jeremy's parents offered us their TV they just replaced.
We decided last night to go get it. Jeremy loaded up our old TV in the back seat next to Kylie so we could take it to the DI. We get to the DI and Jeremy gets out to unload it, he gives it to the guy there and Kylie starts throwing a fit. She's crying and yelling "TV! TV!" It took a good few minutes to convince her that we were going over the grandma and grandpa's to get a new one.
We get the TV and get it home and Jeremy goes to put it in our entertainment center and it doesn't fit by about 1/4 of an inch. What do we do now? Its so close to fitting. We already got rid of our old one, Kylie is counting on this new one. Jeremy does what he does best and what he had to do to get the entertainment center out of his room when we got married; he starts tearing it apart. (By the way this is an entertainment center he made in high school.) I think one of his next projects will be making a new one. One that he says will fit a big flat screen.

He has to take everything out of it (good thing all our movies and Cd's are packed up) and tip it over and start chiseling out a layer of particle board.


I think he probably chiseled away about a 1/2 inch only chiseling all the way through the top in one little spot.

Needless to say we have a really thin piece of wood right above our TV and we have to be really careful what we put up there.

It fits! It fits! When he was all done I accidentally said "Good Job, Kylie!" I guess when you say that about 50 times a day it becomes habit.

4 comments:

Brittney said...

I knew it, as soon as you said it didn't fit. I was reliving the story of it coming out of his room. Hilarious. Aren't you so lucky to have someone so handy? Andy isn't allowed to touch anything in this house. His solution is always beat it into submission with his fist. I on the other hand, have become quite handy and even have a few of my own RED tools!
And don't feel bad, between Andy Boston and Ollie the dog, someone always get called the wrong name.

Steffani said...

Congrats on your new TV!!! At least your hubby is handy! Tim is not handy at all, I am the handy one if you can even call it that. At least it fits now and Kylie can watch it, hooray!

Reid and Brittney said...

I am so glad that the TV fit after all that work. Knowing my luck it still wouldn't of fit. Congrats on the new TV!!!

Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee said...

Hello! Your blog is very cute! I will have to have you teach me a few tricks. I'm going to add you to my friends list if that's okay?