Sunday, June 8, 2008

Slickrock, Swimming & Sunburns

Summer is officially here with the start of family reunions. We went to Moab this weekend to spend some time with the Mills (my mom's) family. My brother Austin actually came last weekend and spent a few days with us in St. George, my mom and two of my sisters came on Tuesday to spend a couple days with us before we headed to Moab. They were so great to help me finish unpacking my house and my mom took me food storage shopping which I am very grateful for.

Thursday morning we got up early and headed to Moab. We got to Cedar and noticed the roofs on the houses had snow on them we thought that was pretty weird, but little did we know by the time we got to Beaver there would be at least a couple inches on the sides of the road. We couldn't believe it. It had snowed in June! We made a couple stops in Joseph where my grandma and grandpa Mills are buried and then to Monroe where my mom grew up and also had lunch at Pepperbelly's in Richfield. We finally made it to Moab a couple hours later. It was really fun to see all my cousins. Most of them I only see every two years when we have a reunion. Kylie was just a couple weeks old at the last one so everyone made a big fuss at how big she was.



We took advantage of the beautiful scenery around Moab the next couple of days..


Dead Horse Point




I think this is at Double Arch



We hiked the "strenuous trails" of the Delicate Arch. Here is where it was confirmed to me that I am 100% out of shape! It was a pretty tough hike!

Kylie had NO fear. She walked around up there like there wasn't a million foot drop off anywhere to be seen.

Like I said a tough hike except she didn't hike one ounce of it. We all felt like this at the end.

We spent the rest of the time swimming, playing the Wii hanging out with family and of course getting a sunburn!

After she had gone swimming and I had her dressed again, she begged me to go back to the pool where her grandpa was. She sat on the edge and splashed until she was soaked again.

Kylie is good at making friends. Here are a couple of her cousins. She held her own running with the pack. She showed them one night in a game of hide-and-go-seek.

6 comments:

Brittney said...

So I love reading your posts, I can hear you talking. It makes me miss you sooooo much. I am so excited to move back and see ya.

Kristi said...

Fun!! It looks like you guys had a great time!! I know what you mean when you say your 100% out of shape Im like 250% out of shape!!!

Jamey said...

You are so on top of things!!! I love to blog, but I am still working on our trip that we took the end of April...I will catch up sometime! It was fun to see you guys this weekend.

The Estes Family said...

those are some cute boys in that picture!! Kylie is so cute I can't believe how big she is, we'll have to get them together again, they had so much fun!

Zach and Shanna said...

Looks like fun! We've never been to Moab. We should definitely do it.

Jamie said...

It's so much fun to relive the trip through your pictures!