Monday, June 2, 2008

We're HERE!!

I hope no one has decided to boycott my blog because I haven't been around for awhile, but we have had technical difficulties with our Internet. I am not sure if it is fixed yet. I just happened to get on the computer and see that is was working so hopefully it's for real.

The week has been pretty eventful. We had a lot to do. Monday we spent the day painting and caulking things that never got painted or caulked. Who knows why we never did that for ourselves, but we were more that willing to it for someone else. That's what happens when you do most of the work yourself. Tuesday and Wednesday was spend packing some more and going to work. Thursday was my last day at Evans' and then that night we loaded it all up with the help of Jeremy's brother Jon and some guys from the ward and we were off.



We made the 43 mile trek south safe and sound. While we were trying to get Kylie to bed that night she kept saying "Go for a ride" and "Get in the car" and a couple times since then she has said "I want to go home." We just continue to be really excited about her room and try to talk it up to her a much as possible. We have taken her down to show her the pool and the park hoping to talk her into it.

On Friday we actually handed over the keys. They came over to sign some papers, we told them a few things and then gave them the keys and we left them there. It was really weird. I was getting in my car and they were outside unlocking the front door and it was crazy watching someone else unlock it and go in. They seemed really excited so that helps make me feel better about it. I didn't get really sad about it until I saw Kylie's room empty. That was the hardest. I love that room and so many memories are in there.


Here is the last picture I took from my car as I was leaving. (That's pathetic I know)

Well, here we sit going from one torn up house full of boxes to another torn up house full of boxes. We are excited about what's ahead and can't wait until this feels like home. I will introduce our new house as soon as its put together and I take some pictures.

6 comments:

Alexis said...

omg, thats really sad that you have to leave Evans and everything!!! but this new house will be fun!

Brittney said...

The worst is over. While the whole moving thing stinks, unpacking is way better than packing.
I have to start packing today. I only have four days. Good plan don't you think!

Steffani said...

Yet another cute blog background! It's always sad but exciting to move. I am excited to see pics or your new house!

Roger and Tammy Family said...

Hi, sorry Mom's was having some problems, I just fixed it for her so you can look at their pics now, just thought I would let you know, I will Blog Ya later!! Kristi

Kristi said...

Oh Your page is super cute!!! Have you gotten all your paper on photobucket? BOO!! to moving, but Yippie to moving, thats kind of sad about Kylie wanting to go home, that would make it even harder!! Well if your ever up in Cedar Call me and when I come down I will call you!! Again Love the page!!

Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee said...

glad you made it! I was wondering....are you still going to come up here to cut peoples hair? Like mine?