Monday, June 30, 2008

Kylie Is Currently Obsessed With...

This is a glimpse of a day in the life of Kylie and her parents.

Kylie is currently obsessed with:

The temperature. She is constantly telling me it's hot or it's cold. Every time we get in the car she has to blow in her car seat to cool it down before she can sit in it. Last night a little while after we put Kylie to bed she came back in our room and said "It's hot in there. It's hot in there" She will not eat anything that is remotely warm. It has to be room temperature or she blows on it until she turns blue.

Coloring. She is always asking me to color. The only problem is I am the one doing the coloring while she tells me "color Mom" She might scribble a little on the page, but for the most part she just supervised and approves the colors I use. One night Jeremy and I each colored a page while she sat and handed the crayons to us. We couldn't leave until the pages were finished.



Kylie hates to be dirty. She is constantly looking at her feet making sure they are clean and if they aren't she has to have them washed. She won't wear her shoes if they are dirty and if she spills anything on her clothes they must be changed. She says "It's dirty mom. It's dirty" She is also constantly picking in between her fingers.




She is very independent. I constantly hear. "I do it, Mom. I do it" She loves to do everything all by herself. She also says "Help me" meaning I want to help you. She says that when I do her laundry or making the bed. This is her "helping" her dad get the clothes out of the dryer. She said she wanted to do it, but ended up getting in.

She LOVES to ask questions. My day is filled with answering her questions. Her favorites to ask are "What's that?", "What are you doing?" and "What happened?" and she doesn't take "Nothing" for an answer. I must explain everything. She also gets a sly little look on her face and she will say "I be right back mom" as she has her finger up like, just a minute. She is also constantly saying "Look at me, Mom"or "Look at this"

I must say all those questions must be paying off because she is pretty smart. The other night we were running some errands and a big yellow jeep drove past us and Kylie asked "Adam's truck?" My brother has a big black jeep that he got lifted just before our last family reunion. It looked just like this jeep that passed us except for the color, but I never would have guessed she paid any attention to it. She never rode in it. She never really got close to it, but for some reason remembered it and she was able to make the connection between his and the one that drove past. We were pretty impressed!

She is constantly amazing us and growing up way faster than we thought possible.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

she is so cute!! i cant wait to see her at the reunion!!!

Brittney said...

That is so cute Ange, I can't wait to see her again. She has so much personality.
Shall we say, just like her mommy?