Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Year of 2009


2009 has been one amazing year for us. We have been blessed beyond belief and are so grateful for all that we have. Our biggest blessing happened in January when we were able to bring our little JASE home from the hospital. The guy has a mind of his own and decided to make his entrance 9 weeks early. He spent a totally of 54 days in the NICU, most of those days spent up at Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake. After undergoing exploratory surgery in his bowels he now sports what Jeremy calls a "chick-magnet" scar just above his belly button. He has turned into one happy kid that crawls like a crazy man and loves his voice!! (I just hope he learns to say more than Da-Da...it just doesn't seem fair!)

KYLIE endured that crazy time like a champ and was so patient and understanding when I would have to leave to be with him. She has taken the role of big sister very seriously and loves her little brother. Kylie is absolutely beautiful and along with Jase look just like their dad did as a kid. She started preschool this year and loves it!! She has mastered writing her name, the alphabet, some silly songs and the Pledge of Allegiance. Kylie is a very good little girl, but you never know what witty thing will come out of her mouth next! She loves to be outside playing with her friends, dressing up, writing and pretty much anything "girl". She couldn't be more thrilled to finally graduated from nursery to the "big Primary."

I seem to keep busy with, of course the kids and taking care of the house. I still love to do hair and have found that my luxurious kitchen is just a good a spot as any to get the job done. (Thank goodness my clients don't seem to mind too much) I love decorating our newly purchased house and being outside with our neighbors. We are very blessed to have moved into a fun neighborhood with lots of kids and some really great friends. I have grown to really love St. George and try not to think about how far I live from my family. I am just grateful Jeremy's family lives close.  Nothing is better then being a wife and mom to my kids and husband!!

JEREMY has been very very busy with work. Some days can be very long and tiring, but we are just grateful for his job. He seems to love what he does and is good at it. I love having such a handy man right at my disposal and he is very patient to put up with my very long "honey do" list I seem to always have for him. He still enjoys woodworking and maybe someday will get that much needed workshop in the backyard. He is a great husband, father and provider for us and we are very blessed for all he does. 

This year has been a year of abundance for our family and Heavenly Father has really blessed us. We are  very grateful for our Savior and his birth this time of year. Our testimonies have grown as prayers have been answered and blessings received.  We couldn't be happier and look forward to what's in store in the coming year!



4 comments:

Rogers Family said...

Wow, what an awesome letter! I'm glad you guys are doing so well.

Mills Family said...

That picture of the kids is darling!

leslie said...

cute pictures! thanks for the address, that house was amazing!!

Robyn said...

Those are cute photos! What a year for you!! Hope next year's even better!