Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Jase's Big Day

Today we are celebrating Jase's 1st Birthday. As every mom says, I can't believe it's been a year! He is one amazing little boy that has clearly had a mind of his own from the very beginning. As I think back to this day a year ago, we really didn't know what was in store for him or us. And we never could have guessed the number of surprised we would encounter those first few month, but how blessed we were then and how blessed we are now to have a healthy and happy little boy. He has grown and developed far better then any doctor could have predicted. He may be a little small, but he is right on target with his development and doing what most every other 12 month old is doing. He has doubled his height since birth and weighs in at 19.4lbs. and I think it is safe to say he has grown into those lengthy feet of his! Here are a few pictures for reminising...


This is what he looked like the first time I saw him. He was 3 lbs 6 oz and 16 1/2 inches long. He was A LOT smaller then I thought he would be and it was somewhat intimidating at first.

He is two days old here and getting ready for his flight up to Primary Children's for his surgery. I was excited to actually be able to see his face, but I hated that huge tub he had in his mouth.

 I can believe he has had more adventures than most people do their whole lives!


Holding him for the first time

1 Month old
   

54 days old...The day we brought him home.

2 months

4 months

6 months

9 months



Here is the wild man today. All I wanted was a nice picture of him sitting & smiling next to his presents. He went in a million different directions and I never really got a smile out of him.

Kylie was more than willling to help open the presents and it looks like Jase would just assume let her.


He was OK with the flame tonight

But he still hates cake!

It was hard to imagine a year ago what he would be like today, just like it's hard to believe he was that same little boy a year ago laying in that hospital bed. I love Jase more then anyone could ever comprehend. I am so grateful for his smile and his playful personality. I am grateful he babbles, and thinks it's a game to throw his bink on the ground so I have to pick it up, crawls around and giggles. And most of all I am grateful he is healthy and happy and he is mine!! Happy Birthday Buddy!! I love you!!!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

What an amazing year you've all had.

Brad & Beth said...

Oh my gosh! I had no idea... he was so small!! What was the matter? Was he just pre-mature? or was he sick or something? How sad. Im so happy he is now a healthy, happy boy! He is so Adorable!

Kristi said...

WOW I fogot how small he was!! YAY for ovecomeing everyting Jase and for turning 1!!! Im sure you can find someone to eat his cake for him every year ;)

Rogers Family said...

Wow. I can't even imagine going through that. I am so happy for your family. He is adorable. God is so great sometimes! Hope you have a wonderful christmas with Kylee and Jace!

The Estes Family said...

I got chills when I saw those pics again, I'm so glad all has gone well with him :) Happy Birthday Jase !!

Karlie said...

Wow, thanks for sharing that. It makes me feel blessed. I would not have guessed from seeing all the cute pictures of your little guy, that he had been through all of that. Strong boy!