Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 10

Today I am thankful for the great neighborhood we live in the awesome friends we have. 

Tonight Jeremy and I hosted our annual neighborhood hot chocolate party and it was really fun...at least we thought so. This year I decided to try my hand at making donuts rather than the scones we have done the last couple year and I have to say they turned out pretty dang good. I surprised myself,  and with the rest of the treats everyone else brought we had a pretty good thing going. We have a nice park with a lit pavilion and plenty of grass for the kids to run wild. It gave us a good chance to chat with everyone and catching up on all our busy lives. 

I am grateful we live in a place where we feel safe and my kids can run the neighborhood with plenty of friends and I am grateful for the friends Jeremy and I have also. We're truly are so blessed with  nice home and a beautiful place to live. 

3 comments:

Alisha Bowling said...

That was a BLAST! Thanks for heading that up, and keeping it going!! We have the best neighborhood...

Dyer Family said...

I second that!! So Fun, and definitely the kind of neighborhood I'd always dreamed of having my kids grow up in!

luke and kourt said...

I am thankful for good neighbors like you! I think your one of the first people in our neighborhood that has made me feel the most comfortable ♥