Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 3

Today I am thankful for a nice comfy, cozy bed...and a toilet...and soft toilet paper (TMI, anyone?) 

It all started early this morning while I was on my run, and if you have never been in this situation it is by far one of the worse situations to be in I think. I was on my way back, but was still probably a good two miles out when I got the worse stomachache of all time. It was extremely uncomfortable to run, but walking only made it that much longer before I would be home. It was a terrible situation, and the longest half hour of jogging/walking in my life. I was so grateful to finally bust through my front door and be home and I spent most of my day curled up in my nice warm bed bed trying to feel better!

I also can't forget how thankful I am for pretty mild-mannered little kids (they definitely get that from their dad) that were more than willing to either watch movies or play with each other while I rested...and also a husband who didn't seem to mind at all that our house looked like a bomb hit it when he got home! I mean, really even on a terrible day, I still have so much to be grateful for and I am definitely thankful for that!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I'll admit it - I've been there. To the point that there were trips to Delhi where I threw in a roll of TP from home - because the stuff there just wasn't as nice.

luke and kourt said...

I need to make a list of my thankful things too. You make me laugh! I am also thankful for TP and toilets :) I am sooo not a go in the woods type of girl so I can appreciate a nice clean toilet!

Mills Family said...

This is hilarious and the story of my life while on my long runs. I am so glad there are toilets and TP along most of my runs otherwise I would be in trouble.
Too funny!