Friday, November 4, 2011

Papa Smurf

Can you guess what this is?

If you said Papa Smurf, the turkey would thank you! 

Kylie read a book at school about a boy who befriended a turkey and then helped disguise him so he wouldn't become Thanksgiving dinner. She brought home a picture of a turkey with the instructions to disguise it somehow. Jeremy, being the creative genius that he is, turned the turkey into Papa Smurf and I think it is so cute!! I was gone while they did it, but when I came home and saw it, I thought it was so funny and way cooler than any idea I had to try and disguise it. 

Today I am thankful first of all, for feeling so much better than I did yesterday and for the type of dad Jeremy is to our kids. He's kind and loving and very hands on. He;s more than willing to help with school projects or reading with Kylie. He loves to play and wrestle around and tease the kids and he's extremely helpful. He is also very diligent in making sure we read scriptures and say prayers as a family every night.  I am VERY thankful for him and the good example that he is!

4 comments:

Michael and Bonnie said...

That is the cutest thing! I remember Nora doing this last year and we were far from creative for her. Lucky Kylie and Jase!

Mills Family said...

That turned out so cute, what a great idea! I know when my boys get in school I will so not be that creative, creativity is so not my thing hopefully pat has some in him LOL!

Gale Family said...

Wow! I'm impressed. We had to do the same thing but ours didn't turn out near that good!

Alisha Bowling said...

that is adorable! That turkey better have a heart full of gratitude to Kylie (and Jeremy)....I would say they definitely saved him from becoming Thanksgiving dinner! cute, cute, cute!