Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy V-Day

Cupid ended with a bang this morning. His last gift was a couple books and little toys for each of the kids. It was so fun playing cupid. The kids loved waking up to see what he brought each day. Most of the time it was a little candy or a note telling them of something fun they were going to do that day. I think it's something we'll try and do every year.  The only sad part is that the kids really thought it was a cupid leaving the gifts and sometimes I kinda wished they knew it was us leaving them the gifts just so we could show a little extra love to them. There was one night when Kylie was really upset with us and while she was sulking in her bed she said, "No one in this family loves me, except Cupid!" Maybe next year Mom and Dad will fill their mailboxes. 

I had a chance to help in Kylie's class with her Valentine's party which I love to do. It's so fun to watch her in her little school environment with her friends and teacher. The best news Kylie has got in a long time is when her teacher told her she is building a house across from us. She came home so excited and it's all she talked about for the rest of that day.


We definitely had a day full of goodies. I got a few fun surprises through out the day including something from my sweet young women and of course the hubby didn't disappoint. I love a day that helps us really focus on the ones we love and gives us a chance to go the extra mile.

1 comment:

luke and kourt said...

Looks like you had a great Valentines! All those treats look so yummy! I especially like the candy bar bouquet!