Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cupid's Mailbox & Photo-A-Day

For me, January is kinda blah. I don't know if it's because we're coming down from the highs of the holidays or if it's because I am anxious for warm weather, but whatever it is I just know that I really look forward to February. I have high hopes of warmer weather and of course this year each month checked off the calendar means one month closer to meeting our baby girl.  

I also knew I wanted to do something fun to celebrate the month of February and Valentine's with the kids and I was excited to get it going.  I recruited "Cupid" for help and when Kylie and Jase came down for breakfast this morning much to their surprise they found two mailboxes and a note. The note told them that if they would decorate the boxes and each day show love to those around them, then he would leave them a treat or prize every night until Valentines. They of course thought that was awesome and we spend a good part of the afternoon decorating them up.


The finished products turned out great with each of their own personal touches. They were excited to leave them out and can't wait to see what Cupid has in store for them. 


My little sister Lexie and I thought it would be fun to take on a photo challenge I read about on one of most favorite blogs House of Smiths. Certainly not because I have an awesome camera and any amazing photography skills, but just because we thought it would be fun. I feel like I have been kind of in a blogging funk lately and I have hardly picked up my camera so I am hoping this helps me snap out of it. Plus I think it will fun to see what Lexie and I come up with as we each interpret the daily prompts listed for us in our own way.
This is often my view. One of the kids' favorite things to do is have a picnic, so some days when the weather isn't permitting for one outside or we don't have a lot of time, we have one in the family room. Today was especially fun because I let them finish watching their show while we ate. 

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Those mailboxes are super cute!! If my kids had decorated them, they wouldn't look that good . . did you help them or are they just that much more artistic than my kids? :)

Alexis said...

What a good idea! I bet your awesome christmas present was a big help with that :)

Mills Family said...

You are such a good mom and you do such cute and fun things with your kids, I wish I was creative like this and could think of fun things like this to do with the boys!

luke and kourt said...

You are really such a fun crafty mom! I bet your kids love all the fun stuff you do for them! They are so lucky!