Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mission Accomplished

I would dare say we have one potty-trained little boy, and I have to admit it was pretty dang easy!! He was EXTREMELY against the whole idea until the first time he actually did it and once he did there was no going back!! He was so proud of himself and we have maybe had three accidents in the last two or three weeks. He's even got the pooping thing down as well. We still get him up a few times in the night for fear he won't wake up on his own, but other than that we are diaper free around here, for a few more months anyway.  
He's been pretty funny about the whole process. For the first couple days every time he went he would jump off his stool and yell "Woot, Woot" with his arms in the air. He picked up on the standing up thing pretty quick and one time when he was finished he said, "Look Mom, I just peed bubbles!"  
Barely being able to clear the toilet means his aim leaves much to be desired. It's a whole different experience with a boy, but I'm not complaining. I am just so grateful it's done. It's been a goal we've had for quite sometime and I just so glad we've finally accomplished it. 

Here's the mandatory potty picture he'll hate me for when he older!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Good job Jase and mom! You are lucky it's been so easy for both your kids. Mine were both a nightmare. Enjoy your diaper free months.

Mills Family said...

Thats awesome and yes its so nice when you are done with diapers at least for alittle while!
I have been meaning to do my post about the boys being potty trained but I am a slacker when it comes to blogging so I just haven't done it yet one day maybe.
He is so cute and thats nice it was easier then you thought, that was the same with ayden I just kept putting it off cuz I thought he was going to be a nightmare and he was so easy one day and he was trained and he even wakes up dry in the mornings which is nice cuz caleb who has been potty trained since August still wakes up so wet so he is still in pullups for naps and bedtime. I am actually going to start the waking him up a couple of times a night here soon once I get them in their big boy beds hehehe!
Boys are definitley different then girls, my boys are always talking about how they pee bubbles its hilarious!
Anyways way too go good job!