Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The River

Last night for we'll call it Family Home Evening we went and played in a river that our friends the Dyers had found the night before. It was a fun little river that was pretty shallow and the current wasn't real strong. It took Kylie a little bit to get used to it, but when she finally did she loved it. It was pretty warm still outside and that made the water temperature just about right.
I had a hard time seeing the pictures on my camera because of the glare from the sun on the water. I thought I was taking a nice picture of Jeremy and Kylie walking down the river hand in hand, but when I got home and looked at them I realized Jeremy had this nice scowl on his face. So much for my nice picture.

Kylie preferred the shallow non-slimy parts of the river when she wasn't hang on to anybody.

But she also thought it was fun to be out into the current as long as her dad held onto her.

The water took some getting used to for Jase also. He freaked out the first time I stuck his feet it, but got used to after a second and didn't mind it.
Jeremy tried his hand at skipping rocks. He is actually really good at it and skipped a few clear across the river and they landed in the dirt on the other side.
A Monday night is never complete at our house without a smoothie, so after we had our fun playing in the water we went for a treat. We are very glad the Dyers are our friends because they seem to know where all the fun is, and we are glad we found one more place to cool off just as summer is starting to hit us down here!

No comments: