Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is the whole reason we came. It's my mom's birthday and she turns the big 5-0. (I'm sure she will appreciate that)
All growing up anytime we would ask her what she wanted for her birthday or Christmas she would always tell us, "All I want is socks" and it would frustrate us so much. We would hate it when she said that. So this year we got her 50 pairs of socks and spread them all throughout the cabin and hid two gift cards in two different ones. She had to go around and gather them all up until she found the cards. Now she can't ever say she wants socks again because she has more then enough to go around!
Jase loved chasing the balloons
And all Kylie wanted to do was pop them. She would sit on them and cover her ears at the same. It made it hard to keep the balloon under her.

 The whole crew who came to celebrate.

I have to eat my words a little bit because in the end we were able to surprise her with an awesome surprise. One of her really good friends from Utah flew in early this morning rented a car and drove up to the cabin. My dad had it all arranged, we all knew about it, but we weren't sure if our mom knew. Like I said, she somehow knows everything. We were kinda nervous because like I also said she hates surprises, so we weren't sure how she would feel. Turns out she had NO clue about this one and loved the surprise. It was so fun to watch her as she opened the door and see her friend standing there.  I hope my mom had a wonderful birthday! We sure had a good time celebrating with her.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

What a great way to celebrate! So glad you were all able to get together.

Jami said...

Happy Birthday Penny!! Looks like a fun trip!!

The Estes Family said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Penny, looks like alot of fun!!!

Karlie said...

Fun! Your mom looks amazing! My mom too hates surprises, I think as long as it doesn't involve too many unknowns we're okay.