Monday, February 8, 2010

Ulterior Motives

Kylie and I spent the morning making Valentine sugar cookies. I knew she would love helping me. I am not a huge sugar cookie maker. I think they take lots of work and a really long time to make, but we had such a good time. Of course flour was everywhere, frosting and sprinkles were spread across the counter, but it didn't matter. We had a good visit just the two of us while Jase slept. We talked about anything and everything. She's one funny little girl if you didn't already know that.  While we were decorating them she kept saying things like, "These look AWESOME!" "I love this one!" "That one looks so pretty Mom, good job!" with an outrageous amount of enthusiasm. 
I have to admit, my original plan was to make these cookies so I could frost them in my most favorite frosting in the whole world, strawberry flavored frosting! Like I said I am not a cookie maker. This usually isn't something I love to do, but today was fun and I am glad I did it no matter what my motivations were.

7 comments:

The Estes Family said...

they look way yummy!! how fun:)

Alexis said...

fun fun!!!! :)

Jamie said...

They look delish!

Kristi said...

Those mommy/daughter times Mean the most I think! :D

And they do look Fab!! Good Work!

Letters-2-Lily said...

Yummy I love sugar cookies they are my favorite!

Brad & Beth said...

Oooh your cookies look so yummy!!!! I totally want the recipe!!!! :D

Zach and Shanna said...

You're such a cute mom! And I love your home and neighborhood and everything. Life looks good!!