Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day Party

Today is a beautiful day!! The sun is shining. Our car windows were rolled down while running errands, Kylie was blowing bubbles out of hers.  I can't imagine living back east and experiencing 70+ inches of snow. Those folks are amazing to be able to handle that. I am definitely a fan of my no-snow (or very very minimal snow) city!

Kylie had her Valentine's day party at pre-school today. We worked all week getting her valentines ready. She wrote her name on all 40 of them which gave her lots of practice. She is great at writing it. She came home with quite the loot just as we were getting low on Halloween candy. Awesome! I don't think she really understands what Valentines day is, but loves a good party and if candy is involved she's all over it!

Also I had such a good time today with my friend Marissa. She went to the Dr this morning to find out  what the gender of her third little baby is, but her husband is out of town. So, I made her a card and she took it with her and the nurse stuffed the pictures in the card telling them what it was and then she seal it up not letting Marissa know what it was either. Then Marissa brought it over to me, I looked at, saw what it was and we went shopping. She picked out a boy outfit and girl outfit and then left while I paid for the appropriate outfit.  I brought it home, wrapped it up and now they will have a fun gift to open when she goes to pick her husband up at the airport tonight. I will let you know at a later date what the gender is as soon as she knows, of course and has had a chance to blog about it. I love surprises and I love to be apart of them! It was a such good time!

I'm excited for the weekend. The Parade of Homes have started and our neighborhood is filled with cars. I hope that means they sell a ton of houses and especially the empty lot next to us!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm loving Kylies adorable pink outfit - so appropriate for Valentines day. Such a cutie.

Nicole said...

My Sis in law did the same thing finding out what the gender was of her baby. She had her little boy open the present on Christmas Eve. It was so fun.

The Estes Family said...

she is soo cute, That is a really fun idea to find out the gender:)